Support biblical counseling students locally
What is it about?
Equip partners with the Christian Counselling & Educational Foundation (CCEF) to provide biblical counselling courses in Malaysia at a discounted rate. These online courses offer a biblical foundation for understanding God, understanding ourselves, and understanding others – a valuable tool for anyone involved in ministry or counselling.
Current students include pastors, elders, youth workers, small group leaders, doctors, lay persons, counsellors, and parents.
A range of counselling subjects are offered including Dynamics of Biblical Change, Helping Relationships, Counselling in the Local Church, Marriage Counselling, Theology and Secular Psychology, Human Personality, Biblical Interpretation, Counselling children and Adolescents, and more.
What we need?
Each course requires readings from various books. These include Why Does it Have to Hurt? by Dan McCartney, The Christian Life by Sinclair Ferguson, Side by Side by Ed Welch, The Heart of the Servant Leader by C. John Miller, The Gift of Therapy by Irving Yalom, Relationships: A Mess Worth Making by Timothy Lane and Paul Tripp, and so on.
View the full list of books below.
These books become pricey when bought together and it turns into a burden for the students. Therefore, we are looking to gather a collection of the required books to go into the Equip Library so that they are available for students to borrow each term.
What you can do?
Gift-a-book (new or used) according to our book list. If you would like to contribute, we would like to request that you set them aside and keep them with you for now until the end of MCO. After the MCO, please drop or post them to the Equip office (Unit 303, Block B Phileo Damansara 2, Jalan 16/11, Petaling Jaya 46350 , Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia)
Dynamics of Biblical Change
1. Why Does it Have to Hurt? by Dan McCartney
2. Seeing With New Eyes: Counseling and the Human Condition Through the Lens of Scripture by David Powlison
1. Side by Side by Ed Welch
2. The Heart of the Servant Leader by C. John Miller
3. The Gift of Therapy by Irving Yalom
1. Love’s Executioner by Irving Yalom
2. Collected Writings of John Murray. Vol. 2, Systematic Theology, John Murray
3. God Dwells Among Us by G.K. Beale and Mitchell Kim
1. The True Story of the Whole World: Finding Your Place in the Biblical Drama by Craig G. Bartholomew and Michael W. Goheen
2. Crosstalk: Where Life and Scripture Meet by Michael R. Emlet
Counseling in the Local Church
1. How People Change by Timothy Lane and Paul Tripp
2. Life Together: The Classic Exploration of Faith in Community by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
3. Relationships: A Mess Worth Making by Timothy Lane and Paul Tripp
4. Pastoral Theology in the Classical Tradition by Andrew Purves
1. Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love by Sue Johnson
2. Systems Theory in Action: Applications to Individual, Couple, and Family Therapy by Shelly Smith-Acuna
3. Marriage Matters: Extraordinary Change through Ordinary Moments by Winston Smith
Counseling Problems & Procedures
1.When God Weeps by Joni Eareckson Tada and Steve Estes
2. What Grieving People Wish You Knew about What Really Helps (and What Really Hurts) by Nancy Guthrie
3. Crossroads: A Step-by-Step Guide Away from Addictions by Ed Welch (either facilitator or student version)
4. Depression: Looking Up from the Stubborn Darkness by Ed Welch
5. Running Scared: Fear, Worry and the God of Rest by Ed Welch
6. Shame Interrupted by Ed Welch
7. An Unquiet Mind by Kay Jamison
8. Choose one: Washed and Waiting by Wesley Hill or Love into Light by Peter Hubbard
9. DSM-5 by the American Psychiatric Association
Counseling & Physiology
1. DSM-5 by the American Psychiatric Association
2. Asperger Syndrome (booklet) by Michael R. Emlet
3. Darkness Is My Only Companion: A Christian Response to Mental Health Illness, revised ed. by Kathryn Green-McCreight
4. Same Lake, Different Boat: Coming Alongside People Touched by Disability, by Stephanie O. Hubach
5. Collected Writings of John Murray. Vol. 2, Systematic Theology, John Murray
6. Rejoicing in Lament: Wrestling with Incurable Cancer & Life in Christ by Todd J. Billings
7. Where is the Mango Princess? by Cathy Crimmins
8. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon
9. Second Forgetting: Remembering the Power Of the Gospel During Alzheimer’s Disease by Benjamin Mast
Theology & Secular Psychology
1. The Biblical Counseling Movement: History and Context by David Powlison
2. The Berenstain Bears Get the Gimmies by Stan and Jan Berenstain
3. Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy by David Burns
4. Forgiveness: I just can’t forgive myself (booklet) by Robert Jones
5. Inside Out by Larry Crabb
6. Psychology and Christianity: Five Views edited by Eric Johnson
7. The Question of Lay Analysis by Sigmund Freud
8. Seeing with New Eyes by David Powlison
9. Speaking Truth in Love by David Powlison
Counseling Children & Adolescents
1. Child Proof: Parenting by Faith, not by Formula by Julie Lowe
2. More Creative Interventions for Troubled Children and Youth by Liana Lowenstein
3. Engaging the Soul of Youth Culture: Bridging Teen Worldviews and Christian Truth by Walt Mueller
4. Play in Family Therapy by Eliana Gil